g+, fb

Saturday 26 April 2014

Hwang I Care Saloon: Eye wash service in Penang

Have you ever wash your eyes? Have you ever heard about this kind of traditional occupation? Yes, this is a kind of traditional occupation, which is almost lost. 

Most of the people facing eye disease and discomfort such as dryness, itchy, eye rash. It may be due to dusty, exposure to air-conditioner, wind, or sun, inadequate tear production and any other reasons. It is really annoying, and I can understand the painfulness exactly, because I was suffering it all the while.

Just happen last few weeks I had been introduce that there is a young lady in Penang, who has about 8 years of experience in eyes washing. My mom had tried for it one time, and she felt good after the service. So I give myself a chance to have a try.


Ms Hwang is the fourth generation who inherit the skill from her family. Through my conversation with her mom, many of their relatives wishing to learn from their grandparent, but also failed. Before anyone learning this skill, the first action is to turn a patient eyelid. If he couldn't pass the test, he will not going to be teach.


This occupation is started since 80 years ago. What will been use during the service? It is traditional medicine, clean water, cotton, and special chinese ink (kind of medicine).


It is not painful actually, just I'm not used to let anybody touch my eyes. Even I will feel worried if a make-up artist apply eye liner on me. The eye washing service is just take about fifteen minutes, after that, you will feel brighter in looking any object.


Looking at the clean water, there's some material floating in the water. There is the dust which stick on our eyes, and it is black color because Ms Hwang using the chinese ink (kind of medicine), so that the dust can be seen by our naked eye.


Address: 2, Lorong Hijau 8, Off Jalan Ibrahim, 11600 Green Lane, Pulau Pinang.
GPS Location: 5.397455,100.309424
Contact no.: 016-423 1980, 016-470 2062
http://www.facebook.com/hwangicare 
Business Hour: 12pm - 6.30pm (Monday to Saturday), minimum 1 day prior booking required (Sunday or Public Holiday)

wash eye service in penang, what is wash eye? how is eye wash service carry on?

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Smartan Dad, for my mom it is really effective. But for me, it is not, because I'm too nervous, I just close my eyes too tight, and that she couldn't wash properly. :p

      Delete
    2. RM30, quite expensive for me.

      Delete
    3. Smartan Dad, they only charge us RM20.

      Delete
    4. RM20 still acceptable.

      Delete